Sunday, May 20, 2007

Splish Splash and Luxury

Before I start the post I have intended for today I need to let you know I was sitting here typing when I heard a sort of splashing sound on the bathroom floor. I peeked around the corner to see Izzy with her panties down and her buns on the very edge of the toilet seat. But before she could get all of herself over "the water" the dam broke and the river came aflowin' and there was just nothing she could do to stop it so I just stood there and laughed and laughed until she finished and she said, "It's not funny, mom." But it was!


This is a post from my good friend Julia. It was such a profound thought I wanted more people to read it. :) We all know how many faithful readers I have! (Sorry, Julia. :)No hard feelings?)

Comfort

My life is very comfortable. My bed, my couch, my car. Everything is climate controlled. I have enough clothes to be warm. My shoes fit perfectly. My food is always safe and available 24 hours a day. I can choose to cook or have food ordered directly to my door. My clothes are washed AND dried by machines. My kids have their own beds, blankets pillows. They have their own ROOMS. They have enough food that if some falls on the floor it is thrown away. My dogs have their own food bowls and separate beds. They have their own doctor if they get ill.

My children know no suffering. No disease, death or pain. Their tummy's are full every night. Their bathrooms are stocked with every medicine available. They have more shoes than they know what to do with. Their greatest tragedy is that their bath water is too cold or too hot.

Oh, did I mention we have indoor plumbing? INDOOR! I can have fresh clean drinkable water rain down on my body for as long as I want and at the PERFECT temperature. My toilet has a nice seat on it, and will flush away any yuck with a push of a lever... did I mention that the waste is carried away with perfectly safe drinking water? Which I do not drink. I buy special water from the store to drink.

There are no rats or mice in my home. Not even an ant. No fleas or frogs.

I have communication with my love ones. Regardless of what their religion or opinions are. We can all travel to see each other whenever we want. We can pick up the phone and hear their voice. Even while my husband is at war I can see and speak to him over the computer. I know where all my family lives. No one is missing, everyone accounted for.

I have so much time on my hands that at night I lay in my bed watching OTHER people entertain me, and if I am displeased with a particular event, I can rid it from my sight with a push of the button.

Total comfort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To those who haven't read this before, please check out Adam Langford's last post before he died. Go to http://www.jinjamissions.org//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=143&Itemid=71 I'm proud to call him my best friend.

Julia, thanks for your words.