Thursday, June 22, 2006

What the...?

My kids aren't aloud to say that. Their aunt Tara used to say it all the time and that's how they got started. At first it was funny, maybe even a little cute, but if you were to finish the sentence, what would most likely follow? My kids shouldn't be saying, "What the hell." They should say things like,"Oh goodness, What is going on?" Or even, "Pardon me, Did I hear you correctly?" But saying you-know-what is crossing the line. I also don't let them cuss in general. It's not a good habit and so many are completely offended by it so I made a rule. No cussing.
We have some other rules in our house. You can only pee outside if you're already out there and you have to be discrete. None of the shorts at your ankles business. Not very inconspicuous... You have to flush the toilet. I don't really want to see what you've accomplished, or haven't accomplished, today. We also have a rule that if there's poop in your crack you lose a sticker on the helping chart. But, if you go straight into the toilet you get two stickers! This is only the case for our middle child, fyi. Ben doesn't really struggle with that anymore. Well, sorry this is such a dirty post. Who knew I'd have so much potty talk. Not me!

9 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

Those sound like good rules - Has Ben been living "up to code" on the rest of them, too??? :) hehe

You guys are too funny. Thanks for the laughs.

arwen said...

sometimes I wish you were my sister... you know, the ending to that phrase (which I use ALL THE TIME, by the way) is FRICK. Last time I checked, frick is neither a word nor a place. In fact, come to think of it, it's not even a real word. That should be your other House Rule... No Cussing and No Saying Fake Words. I'm glad Ben has gotten over the whole poop in the crack thing... that was getting a little weird...

Adam Wolfgang said...

What the...No cussing? Does Ben know about this rule? How on earth do you express your self without cussing? Damn that must be hard.

tara said...

i still say, "what the?", but i still say it like emma used to, "what duh...?" its funnier that way. i know that the kids arent allowed to cuss, but remeber when we were in abilene visiting and aidan said, "oh. my. god." (imagine him saying it just like chris farley in tommy boy)
aidan cracks me up.

tara said...

i still say, "what the?", but i still say it like emma used to, "what duh...?" its funnier that way. i know that the kids arent allowed to cuss, but remeber when we were in abilene visiting and aidan said, "oh. my. god." (imagine him saying it just like chris farley in tommy boy)
aidan cracks me up.

Jess said...

Tara got me saying that too! What the?? That Tara is tricky.

Also, someday I hope to have rules in my house that are similar to "wipe your crack or you lose a sticker". Only I would want to list that rule on the chart so I could look at it like everyday and laugh.

Kaydub said...

Actually, Tara still says, "what the?", but she still says it like emma used to, "what duh...?" its funnier that way. i know that my kids weren't allowed to cuss, but remeber when Tara was in abilene visiting and aidan said, "oh. my. god." (imagine him saying it just like chris farley in tommy boy)
tara cracks me up.

tabitha jane said...

tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»