Sunday, July 30, 2006

Friday Fun For Friends (delayed until Sunday)

Okay, I must confess. I have not posted... I tried. I asked for a little help from my husband but he failed me. I waited patiently for him to stick a picture on here for me because I was in Abilene without access but he failed me. Here would have been Friday's post...


Some know them as Kevin and Brenda. Some know them as Uncle Kevin and Aunt B. Some know them as grandma and grandpa. I know them as madre and padre. For all those out there without Spanish skills, that means mother and father. Some might think, "Your parents? You would hang out with your parents on a Friday night?" And my answer is, "Yes." I would hang out with them with a fox and I would hang out with them in a box. I would hang out with them in a chair. I would hang out with them anywhere. I do so like Kevin and Bren. Thank you, thank you, and Amen.

Some things I like about them are as follows: stink, stank, stunk... Whoops. That would be how I feel about the grinch. Sorry!(side note: I would like to memorize the whole Grinch movie someday!)

My mom and dad are fun to be with. Some would say you need fellow members of the body of Christ to confirm truths verses falsehoods rather than relying only on pure instinct. And so I have confirmation because many of you have spent time with them and will concur that it is so. They're so fun we had to take a sabbatical form the NW for that very reason. We were like, "It's so fun to be with them we are so overwhelmed with funniness. We better take a trip to Texas for a little while." They're also not parents that still try and tell you what to do even when you're a grown-up. That's good. They are so cool that we postponed leaving on our honeymoon just to hang out with them. (that's not entirely true.) Anyways, I would just like to give a shout out to my parents who are also my friends and say that if we could hang out with you tonight we would!

The superhero power I would wish for my dad would be magnetic powers because then he might even get more people to come to his new church. And for my mom it would definitely be a body of steel so she doesn't cut off any appendages while using cutlery. And she'd be stuck to my dad forever!

4 comments:

tara said...

thats nice that you wish mom to be made of steel, because ive got a body thats hard as steel...i mean, its not really, more like a squishy pancake, but whatever.

arwen said...

Tara... that isn't nice? I don't know how to feel about that. But I agree. Yatzee at LUNCH!? What tha frick! I agree that your parents are the balls.

tara said...

yatzee at lunch, dominoes at dinner...the list goes on and on...i love those guys!

Jen said...

It's not very rewarding when the people that you write about don't get around to noticing. then I have to just keep posting...