Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ummm...

I'm not sure what I'm going to write about this evening. I walk around my house daily and come up with fantastic ideas about what my next post will be about. The problem is that I have to go to the church building to get on the internet and by the time I get away I have no recollection of my greatest of ideas. either that or I only remeber part of an idea. Telling everything but the punchline is not really enjoyable to read.

We have cable t.v. Not just any cable. Dish Network. We also have a dvr... Does Emma have to freak out when I vacuum in the living room while the t.v.'s on? Nope. We just rewind. It's great. Sometimes I think it actually takes more time to watch a show though. My husband will actually pause the commercials, go get some ice cream, and sit and wait until he can fast forward through all of the commercials. It makes me think of Aaron Metcalf. He hates commercials. He has this idea that commercials are significantly louder than the shows.(I know they are but I can't give in to Aaron's wacky ideas.) So, he mutes the commercials. He would love life at the Ries' right now!
I haven't taken the time to look at the menu and pick out things that I want to record everyday, all the time. If I can do that, when will I ever clean? For now, I've decided it's best to just pick a show that's on at that particular time! Crazy idea, I know. My kids are staring to get into it, though. Aiden will say, "Pause it, mom, I have to go to the bathroom." Unfortunately for Izzy, it's not all it's cracked up to be. All she wants is Elmo. sometimes Dora. She doesn't want all of Sesame Street. She only wants Elmo. So I just stick in a movie when it's her turn to pick... We may have very large and freaky bugs out here, but we've got cable. Who could ask for anything more? Except maybe a friend or two...

5 comments:

tara said...

crap jen, who needs friends when youve got bugs, crab grass and dvr? greedy girl.

Unknown said...

That really must stink. I had a few friends, usually roommates, but I was usually too busy to notice that I was lacking friends. I'm sorry that you aren't as easily distracted.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I'll be your friend if you'll dvr some stuff for me. I don't know if I'll come out there to watch it though because your bug stories freaked me out.

Marta said...

Hey... I emailed you back. Sorry it took so long! I'm jealous of your dish network and DVR!! That's first on my wish list and it's starting to look like it may happen!! Darby only likes Elmo too... during the rest of Sesame Street she runs around undoing all the cleaning I just finished. Lots of fun. I understand your friend issues... feeling that way myself. Moving sucks.

Jen said...

Thanks guys. Here's something to distract you from the freaky bugs. We have little baby rabbits in our yard. When we first found them they were too tiny to touch but we got to hold them today and they were sooo cute...