Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Hope

Hope. Hope is a powerful thing. I shall try to share a bit about hope today. My mother is a woman of hope. She put her hope into action these last four weeks and searched and prayed and searched some more for a way to fly me and the kids to Portland. She tried to think of ways to make money (Don't we all?) and she looked and looked at plane tickets without money to pay for them... But... we have come a step closer...We are coming to Portland. The tickets have been bought, the blood has been shed, and the bags will get packed. Prepare your hearts and your minds for the Ries' for hope has prevailed once again!

Hope. Hope can keep you alive, can't it? I hope so. We got some new kittens two days ago and they are adorable but I hope they make it...

The kids are having a blast...

It's so hard to not squeeze their guts out...

They've already recieved an unwanted bath in the drinking water...

...and been put in scary places...

...but hopefully love will keep them alive... I hope...

(Their names are Stripers, Sara, Suzie, and Sally and they live outside. They are very good kitties!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cat's name is Stripes. Aiden named his cat "stripes," but Jen didn't think it was original enough so she keeps calling it "stripers." Aiden can't read or type yet, so I thought I should post in his defense. It is what he would want.

tara said...

i think i will call it stripper.

Anonymous said...

Tara and Brenda,

You guys are really funny! Both of your posts got a serious Jen laugh out of me. You know...that burst of noise that comes out of my mouth that I never used to make until I married your sister/daughter. Still giggling...crap, that's funny.

tara said...

lol!

dodyb said...

Tara I get to see your sister and kids and you don't!!

tara said...

so not fair...single tear...

Nana Lesa said...

Joy! Happiness! Elation.....now tell me WHEN you are coming to Portland and we will make sure we are not dancing or canning or plowing or.....whatever when you get here. Love you!
PS> I love the alliteration of the cats' names....makes it so easy to call them by the wrong name, but then we do that with our children too! Love ya!