Saturday, May 09, 2009

Witty moments

So my last post was a cheat of a post so here's another one. I was looking through some of my word documents (don't you do that?) and found a poem I wrote for my dad last year for his birthday. It made me laugh so I think it shall do the same for you.

If I could pick a person…

If I could pick a person who could write with their left hand and their right, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person who could make a game out of a roll of masking tape and a wiffle ball, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person to be my harmony during a game of pounce, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person to entertain a crowd at one of my fabulous events, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person who knew what the opposite color of purple would be, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person to take me rafting in a shallow river, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person to clean my garage and my husband was gone (and I had a garage), I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person to plant my church, I’d pick you.

If I could pick a person to be my dad, I’d pick you.


Thanks for having sex that one time and thanks for not dying yet.
Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

Tara said...

I wish I had written this beauty. Maybe for Father's Day I will type it up and send it to dad...
:)

Chelan said...

So great until you mentioned your conception.

Nana said...

Your parents had sex?! Dissolutionment and horror!!

Kaydub said...

Tara, you don't have to type it up - just cut and paste!
Jen, this truely is a beauty. We laughed and smiled and had warm hearts all the way thru. Thanks for re-sharing.

Marm

Kaydub said...

Probably the best poem you ever wrote. Ever.