Thursday, September 06, 2007

Gilead


Our church has a book club. It's comprised of women and we meet once a month. Gilead is the book we are reading this month and was Ben's only suggestion per our request. I have not started it yet but I will by the end of the week. We like to pick different genres every time. I'd really like to read Blue Like Jazz next because a lot of people have read it and I've even heard the guy speak but haven't read it yet. If you have suggestions feel free to comment.

3 comments:

sarah said...

If you're looking for a good donald miller book I'd suggest Searching for God knows what or through painted deserts. I liked those better than blue like jazz.

I am also half way through the mission of motherhood. Its been pretty good so far

Anonymous said...

I read this book not too long ago. See my blog before last. I LOVED the book! Great suggestion Ben!
I like to recommend books, so let me think some, and I'll get back to you.

Chelan said...

Hey I just finished this book before Harry Potter came out. I gave it to one of our elder's wives to read. It's perfect for someone who knows the ins and outs and struggles and glories of a preacher's life. Also just a well written book. She also wrote "Housekeeping" and I read that four or five years ago and thought it was a GREAT novel... but this is better for a women's church book club.

I want a church book club. have fun!

ps. I HIGHLY recommend your group reads "Jayber Crow" by Wendel Berry. It's exquisite. I can still remember the feeling I had when I read the last few words of it. And PERFECT for your group.