Friday, May 02, 2008

Do Not Pass GO. Do Not Collect $200.

Remember Monopoly? I never finished a game but it sure is a good one. Wouldn't it be great if life were predictable? I know the game of Monopoly is full of chance but it's a game. Games are suppose to be unpredictable. If we actually knew all the things life might throw at us, would we live differently and prepare accordingly? How differently would I have lived these last few months if I knew Aiden was going to have three teeth pulled out yesterday. Or in a few weeks have a couple hundred dollars worth of work done? Oh, then there's my teeth. Not a good history there. And a few more minor things will need to be done soon. But how much does an oral surgeon cost? Haven't made that appointment yet? Then, there's those things that are predictable. School teachers, the postman/woman, and those that go without professional dental care for 15 years and have beautiful, cavity-free teeth... That would be my husband! It's so thoughtful to be such a giver and not a taker! "No, no let's not spend money on my teeth. We need so much just to repair yours." Well, guess what, Benny, you may enjoy those pearly whites but your going to have to deal with my dentures for the rest of your life!

Then there's the tooth fairy bill... Talk about debt!

1 comment:

Chelan said...

Ouch! Poor Ries kids with the worst teeth ever... not that I would notice if it weren't for their dental visits... from my point of view their teeth are spectacular!

When I was pregnant with Miles I had to visit the dentist for the first time in ten years... the diagnosis:

1 root canal repair
1 crown
14 cavities requiring
10 fillings
4 extractions and
1 other was pulled at my insistence since I couldn't afford another root canal

But at least little Miles was born to a mommy with a healthy mouth (?)