Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm 30

Yesterday was my birthday. Unfortunately, it was pretty gloomy. Not because of any of the activities of the day just the reality of starting up life after a death. It's not that I was thinking of Cindy or the family every moment. I just felt a cloud hovering, an utter sadness, where tears and rain could escape at any moment, hiding just beneath the surface. Turning thirty wasn't how expected it even though I was looking forward to the moment. I'm thankful I turned thirty. I'm thankful I can still be with my family. I'm reminded of that luxury that I so often take for granted.

6 comments:

Kara Deal said...

Happy birthday a day late! I thought about you all day yesterday. Sorry it was gloomy, but praise God for a lesson out of Cindy's life that you can apply to your own.

Love you friend,
Kara

Marta said...

Happy late birthday! Hoping that the days to come aren't as gloomy!

Nicole said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your dear friend Cindy. Praying for you guys! Happy Birthday yesterday!

Ashes said...

Happy Brithday, Jen. I am sending some sunshine your way. I love you.

Kaydub said...

One of my favorite Sunday mornings was that one when you were bored.

Kellie said...

How fun that you have a blog! Turning thirty this year was completely anticlimactic for me, too. I'm not sure, exactly, what it was suPPOSED to feel like, but I CERTAINLY don't feel any wiser or more grown up than I felt the day before. ;-)