Friday, October 05, 2007

Prayer Request

This morning a family came to the church building. Their 16 month old child rolled over onto their 3 month old child and suffocated him. Along with the terrible grief they are experiencing they do not have a permanent residence. They have been spending today at CPS doing tests and questioning to make sure there was no neglect. They were probably only a few weeks from getting a place to live, the husband is working consistently and Ben said they're just good people. Because they don't have a home, their 16 month old will be taken away from them.

I am without words. I am grieving for them and seek your prayers on their behalf.

4 comments:

tara said...

Oh my word, that is so awfull. We will defanitly be saying lots of prayers for them.

Chelan said...

We are stunned too. Any mother, no matter how little we know them or how different they are would nearly die inside to have this happen. I hope they can keep their toddler, and I hope they survive the grief... I'm praying.

Jess said...

This breaks my heart. I will pray for that family tonight.

Anonymous said...

That is so unbelievable sad! If they can find a safe place to live, CPS should immediately return their child. I hope someone is advocating for them and their rights as parents. Keep us updated.