Monday, September 01, 2008

Enough is Enough!

I don't know what the deal is lately but I have been continually woken up in the night. Sometimes it's to snoring, sometimes I don't even know why, and then since we've had company my kids have been on our floor many times and Aiden has started grinding his teeth which drives me insane. There was one night a month or so ago when Aiden was in our bed for some reason and his grinding was right at my ear. "Squeeeak, squeeeak" over and over. I was so irritated that I had to try and continuously try to wake him up. I'd shake him and tap him and gently squeeze his little jaw so as to help him realize what he was doing. Nothing made any difference! I finally woke Ben up to make him carry him back to his own bed.

So last week one night I woke up to Ben snoring and the kids were on the ground. As I'm trying my best to get back to sleep Adien starts squeeking and Ben's snoring is sparatic and very distruptive. I got so angry at one point I actually said out loud, "OH, lose some weight!" because honestly when Ben is slim he doesn't snore hardly ever. I was desperate. I couldn't go any where else either because there was even someone on the couch in the living room! I was so miserable I was even willing to get up and drive to a store just to get some ear plugs! But it was three and Albertson's was only open until two... I was lying there, awake, pulling my hair out for an hour at least! Nigth. mare.
Well, I can't stop waking up. I am so sensitive right now for some reason. I finally bought some ear plugs! I was so excited I didn't even wait to be woken up by something, I put them in before I went to bed. Ahhh. Falling asleep to the sound of your own breathing... Well, it wasn't exactly so great because I didn't get them in very well. Ben worked at the airport back in the day and is a professional when it comes to earplug insertion! So I knew the tactics, I just couldn't do it good enough on one side. I tried again the next night and I woke up in the morning with one ear very itchy. Wierd and annoying. That didn't seem right so I've resolved to just wearing them when I get woken up... Too bad mine aren't pink like Tara's. But then again, Jones won't try and steal them...

11 comments:

Sarah D. said...

I'm so sorry you cant sleep all night. That can be so frustrating! And those darn ear plugs! I got some when we first got Stogie because he would whine and bark ALL night long. The first night I lucked out and got them in just right. The next night I struggled and struggled. I would squish it down just like in the directions but before I could even get it near my ear it was poofy again. Apparently I have tiny ears too and should've bought kid sized ones. I was so mad I threw them across the room. Too bad I had invested in the family sized pack. Now I have a lifetime supply of earplugs that don't work!

Anonymous said...

Are you calling me fat?

Julia Stewart said...

I have taken to using a big box fan to create white noise in the room. It was just too much to keep waking up all night...

I feel your pain sister!

Jen said...

That, or I could be as high maintenance as Jeanene Reese and take a cd player with me everywhere I sleep and play the sounds of the ocean! :) Jocelyn, you can pass that along.

Although, hauling a box fan everywhere...

Eric and Cheryl said...

You make me laugh! Your husband is far from fat, but it is true whenever my face is a little fuller then normal, I snore a lot. I have not been able to sleep hardly all summer and feel sleep deprived. Not being able to sleep makes me really angry!! We had dogs that would wake me up every morning at 4, I would lay there trying to figure out what horrible life threatening act could I do without getting caught. Thankfully, I never did anything and now they have moved and my sleep is getting better.

A box fan anywhere we go...oh, yea! A must have

Tara said...

Every single kid that comes to my house, somehow goes into my room and is led to my nightstand and plays with my pink ear plugs! They dob't usualy try to steal them like Jones, but they love them. It grosses me out but whatever.
yeah, we have celiening fan oin our room and it drowns out any noise, so maybe just spend a few hundred on that and you will be good to go.

Jess said...

My advice is to just not sleep for about 1 year...nothing could wake you up...NOTHING.

But in all seriousness, that sucks. Not sleeping makes for a grumpy mommy.

One rule I now try to live by, never buy pink. I am so tired of pink. Although I think pink is slowly dying and is turning into an obsession with round things...weird.

Jess said...

Oh and I don't know if I mentioned this before...but I LOVE your new hair cut! Too Cute!

Kara Deal said...

Luke and I just always end up in seperate beds. We always start out in one but 8 out of 10 times, we wkae up in seperate beds. Sometimes I don't even realize he let or that I moved. It's like his snoring switches on my sleepwalking abilities. Weird.

Don't know if that's an option for you, but i's what works in the Deal fam.

Chelan said...

I'm so incredibly annoyed right now! Reading your post just made me notably grouchy, as if I'm the one who has the lack of sleep... it's YOU Jen... not ME!

Stop trying to make everyone else feel as lousy as you do.

P.S. I'm so glad your life is normal again (with regards to school for kids and a life that is predictable). xoxo

Kaydub said...

I tell you, I'm not prejudice or anything - but my 6 children are the funniest people i know. I love them.

marm