Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy 30th, Benji

How do I love Thee? Let me count the ways...


A poem

30 years of wisdom
30 years of charm
30 years of jokes
30 years with little harm

Of the 30 years you've been alive
I've known you just 13
But if those thirteen years were doubled
Well, then that would equal 26

So, if you add our youngest daughter
to 26 it would equal 30
And that, my friends, is magic
Not repulsive and not dirty

I love this guy who's 30 today
so much I'd give my left arm
Because that's how much he means to me
But not enough to give up my right arm

Benny, oh Benny you really are great
and I'm thankful I'm married to you
'Cause if I were not I'd be married to someone else
and my life would have turned out like poo

Happy Birthday!

I love you!



4 comments:

Sarah D. said...

Hehehe! Really funny poem Jen and Happy Birthday Ben! 30 years. I can't even believe it. Guys, I think we are getting old or something...

Anonymous said...

But has he lost any weight yet?

Marta said...

Great poem Jen! Happy birthday Ben!

Kaydub said...

I always love your poems - I remember your poem parties - you guys really know how to throw a poem party. Good stuff.

marmme